Willow Oak Baptist Church was established on this property in 1905 after William Alfred Turner donated the land for the church, cemetery, and school in the late 1800's.
The earliest memories are of an old wooden building sitting alone on the property. During this time, we have record of at least eight different pastors: Josh Brown, Gene Sanders, William Connell, Johnny Williams, Olin Smith, Johnny Sinclair, Buddy Southwell, and Earl Ryals.
During the pastorate of Earl Ryals, a cement block sanctuary was built in the 1960's on the front section of the property. That building is still standing and is presently the home of our Student Ministries. Since the early 1960's, there have only been three pastors: David Gurgel, Larry Cooper, and Pastor Carl Wells.
Pastor Carl Wells became our pastor in 1973. Since that time, the church has purchased numerous parcels of property that have been used for the expansion of our Education Center, Activities Center, and a 500 seat Worship Center which was built in 1999. Most recently, we purchased five acres of land with a church building for our Spanish Ministry.
Willow Oak Baptist has continued to grow and prosper throughout the years to the place where we are now. We truly have much to be thankful for and it is our prayer as a church that God will continue to bless, that we will minister to others, and win lost souls to Him.